What Makes a Hybrid Fire Grill Better Than the Competition?
The Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill is the only grill of its kind. It is the best professional gas grill available, outperforming the competition with ease. Discover what sets the Hybrid Fire Grill apart from other premium gas grills and learn more about its exclusive features.
Exclusive Deep Firebox Design for More Powerful Gas Grilling
Kalamazoo's Hybrid Fire Grill is superior from the ground up. Literally. The body of the grill extends all the way to the ground to make room for the deep firebox. We believe one of the key components to making the highest performance gas grill is to open up the space inside the grill, especially below the grill grate. On most competitor grills, the distance from the grate to the bottom of the grill is less than 10 inches. In a Kalamazoo professional gas grill, the floor pan of the grill is 29 inches away; that's nearly three times the height. The additional space allows more air to circulate throughout the body of the grill, for more even, dynamic cooking heat. This unique design delivers the greatest benefits when grilling with gas. The Hybrid Fire Grill’s gas burners sit almost nine inches below the grill grate and deliver the highest temperatures and most even heat of any professional gas grill available. This is why a Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill excels not only at searing, but also at roasting, baking and smoking.
Another advantage of the expanded grill firebox is that it minimizes flare-ups. Flare-ups happen when drippings from the food contact a hot surface and ignite. The lower you can push the first hot surface below the grill grate, the less likely it is that flare-ups will reach back to the food above. The heat diffusing layer in a Hybrid Fire Grill is more than 5 inches below the food. Competitors place this hot surface as little as 1 inch away.
Powerful, Custom-Designed Gas Grill Burners
Our cast bronze Dragon Burners were designed exclusively for the Hybrid Fire Grill and fitted strategically within the body to deliver the most powerful, even heat. The Hybrid Fire’s grill burners have walls more than 1/8-inch thick for superior durability and weigh in at a hefty 14 pounds each. Each gas burner is purposefully mounted below the Hybrid Fire Grilling Drawer to protect the ports from clogging. The drawer is angled and perforated to diffuse heat and shed charcoal and wood ash while protecting the burner port below.
Grill with Gas, Wood and Charcoal for Ultimate Cooking Versatility
The Hybrid Fire Grill is the highest performing professional gas grill on the planet. The ingenious design also allows for wood and charcoal grilling. All fuel sources can be used interchangeably, and in any combination. The stainless steel grilling drawer sits above the gas burners and can be left empty for powerful gas-only grilling. For live fire cooking, simply load the drawer with wood or charcoal and use the gas grill burners below to quickly start the fire. The Hybrid Fire Grill can reach temperatures as low as 250 degrees, and in excess of 1000 degrees. This means ultimate cooking versatility and more flavor possibilities. Sear, roast and smoke, all on the same grill.
How to Use the Hybrid Fire Grilling Drawer
- Leave the grill drawer(s) empty and your Hybrid Fire Grill is the highest performing gas grill available.
- Place a full load of charcoal in the Hybrid Fire Grilling drawer(s), light the gas burners and let them get the charcoal fire started. Once the charcoal is lit, turn off the burners and enjoy the pure charcoal grilling experience for the perfect steak. As the fire dies, you can either load more charcoal or simply turn the gas grill burners back on to supplement the heat.
- Burn wood chunks, tree limbs or split logs for amazing wood-fired flavor, or use a mixture of wood chunks and charcoal for great flavor from the wood and sustained heat from the charcoal.
- Place Hybrid Fire Grill inserts inside the drawer, load each insert with wood pellets, and light for hours of flavorful wood smoke for traditional American barbecue. Simply run a single gas burner on low for ongoing heat.
Every Grilling and Barbecue Technique and Temperature Range is at Your Fingertips:
- Grill with gas for convenience and ease and achieve temperatures from 250°F and 750°F.
- Combine direct and indirect grilling or roasting next to the heat from the gas grill burners or a live fire at temperatures from 200ºF to more than 700ºF. A whole, butterflied chicken can be roasted to perfection on a Hybrid Fire Grill in just 35 minutes at a temperature of 500ºF.
- Smoke at temperatures from 200ºF to 300ºF or roast using wood or charcoal at temperatures from 350ºF to 650ºF.
- Sear a thick steak or chop over a hot, live wood fire for 1 to 2 minutes. Then move it to an indirect heat zone and let it coast up to temperature for 20 minutes while bathed in wood smoke.
- Rotisserie roast using the infrared burner, or a live fire for incredible flavor. The powerful rotisserie is large enough to accommodate a suckling pig.
Meticulous Craftsmanship and Awesome Durability
Every Kalamazoo stainless steel grill is formed, welded, finished and assembled by hand at our plant in Michigan from heavy-gauge stainless steel. There is more than 43 linear feet of welding in one K750HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill — all welded and finished by hand. Our dedicated craftspeople have spent many years perfecting their skills and each grill bears the signatures of the people who built it — a great source of pride for our artisans. When you choose Kalamazoo, you are purchasing a fine piece of American craftsmanship.
The Hybrid Fire Grill is Available in Marine-Grade Stainless Steel
Kalamazoo grills are made from extremely durable 304 stainless steel and rigorously tested in harsh outdoor climates to ensure they will stand up to a lifetime of use and enjoyment. For clients who prefer additional corrosion resistance, we can build any Kalamazoo grill from marine-grade stainless steel.
Custom Stainless Steel Grill Grates
We laser-cut 1/4 inch thick slabs of stainless steel to create custom grill grates in three patterns optimized for different types of cooking. These heavy grates deliver excellent grill marks and the sheer mass means cold food won't cool down a hot grate, so food is less likely to stick. We offer special patterns for grilling vegetables, fish and meat. Mix and match the surfaces you like. You can even have them personalized with your initials, a logo or other artwork.
We take advantage of the additional space in the extended firebox by giving you a much more effective cleanout bin. The grease tray in competitor's grills are like shallow cookie sheets. They can be very difficult to handle, especially with a little rain water in the mix. The Hybrid Fire Grill is cleverly designed so that ash, grease and debris funnel through the grill into an oversized bin for hassle-free cleaning.
Take a Deeper Look Inside the Kalamazoo Grill
Rollover or touch the dots for information on some key features of the Hybrid Fire Grill.
- K500HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
- K750HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
- K1000HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner