- 3 cloves garlic 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 Fresno pepper, seeded and finely diced (or red jalapeño)
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt (or salt to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, fresh coarse ground
Prep your ingredients by rough chopping them. Then, place them into a food processor (minus the oil, vinegar and salt.)
Tip: It won’t hurt to put the oil and vinegar in the food processor, but the chimichurri will turn into an olive color instead of the brighter green I prefer.
Pulse the food processor several times until the ingredients are finely chopped. Then, transfer the chopped ingredients into a large mixing bowl, adding olive oil, red wine vinegar, and sea salt. Mix thoroughly, and taste. Adjust the salt and vinegar to preference.