Premium Hybrid Drawer Mini Cooking Wood Splits
Premium Hybrid Drawer Mini Cooking Wood SplitsStarting at $129 USD
Mini 8-inch long wood splits cut to fit perfectly into the Hybrid Fire Grilling Drawer. Available in a variety of hard-to-find species. Supplied in partnership with Cutting Edge Firewood.
Premium Wood Options
Specifications & Resources
Mini cooking wood splits are 8 inches long and sized to fit into your Hybrid Fire Grilling Drawer to add smoky flavor or boost the temperature. To get the best smoke out of mini splits, start them smoldering with a Dragon Burner, then turn it off and keep the temperature of the wood below 450°F. We suggest using one to four splits at a time, offset from your food. Mini splits for the Hybrid Grill are available in oak, hickory, cherry, apple, maple and even hard-to-find pecan. Variety packs include pecan, cherry, hickory and oak.
We also offer larger splits for your Hybrid. Use the large splits when you want the wood to deliver the cooking heat. Use mini-splits when you are using the wood just to add flavor. Large splits are only available in oak.
The team at Cutting Edge Firewood in Georgia dries each batch of cooking wood in a 250°F oven for 48 hours, then cuts and hand-select splits for Kalamazoo clients.
The box is 17" x 16" x 14" for single species orders. Variety pack boxes are 17" x 17" x 8.5". Cooking wood splits ship free to the 48 continental United States.
Choose from the following species:
- White Oak: Popular amongst professional chefs, oak wood is one of the most widely used hardwoods available and is known for its incredible heat and subtle smoky flavor. It creates perfect dishes without becoming too bold or overpowering, making it ideal for all types of red meat, pork, poultry, fish or vegetables.
- Cherry: For many competitive barbecue teams across America, cherry cooking wood is a favorite for use with nearly any food. Cherry provides a rosy color and a sweet, fruity flavor in vegetables, chicken, turkey, pork, seafood and more.
- Apple: Cooking with apple wood provides a sweet, apple-smoked flavor to your food and is a crowd favorite when cooking pork, poultry, seafood, and lamb.
- Pecan: Pecan is the most legendary cooking wood in the South, lending a sweet flavor to your barbecue. A member of the hickory family, pecan burns hotter and longer, and it ignites quickly and easily.
- Maple: The same type of tree that produces maple syrup can add a slightly sweet flavor to your cooking. Maple produces a mild smoke that won't overpower your food.
- Hickory: Hickory wood is used by professional barbecue teams and chefs around the country. It has a neutral flavor, like oak, but with more "punch."
- Variety Pack: includes a mix of pecan, cherry, hickory and oak.
Specifications & Resources
- Mini splits are 8-inches long
- Single species boxes are 17" x 16" x 14"
- Variety pack boxes are 17" x 17" x 8.5"
- Shipping is included to all of the 48 continental United States