Italian Sausage Kebabs
These kebabs are simple and delicious, and the halloumi cheese adds a nice surprise for your guests. For more info about halloumi cheese, check out our Halloumi Grilled Cheese Sliders recipe.
- 2 pounds Italian sausage in casing, cut into 2-inch-long segments
- 2 poblano peppers, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 crimini mushrooms
- 2 zucchini squash, cut into 2-inch-long segments
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 8 double-pronged skewers or 16 skinny skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for a few hours to help prevent burning)
After all the ingredients have been cut up, prepare the grill for direct grilling at 500° to 550°F.
Count the pieces of sausage, peppers, zucchini and onions to determine how many of each will be placed on each skewer. Assemble 8 kebabs onto pairs of skewers. Using two parallel skewers for each kebab prevents individual morsels from turning, so you can easily cook the whole kebab evenly.
Grill the kebabs over direct heat, turning as needed, until the sausage is cooked through (about 10 to 15 minutes depending on your grill and your fire).
No reviews have been made, be the first!