Basic Barbecue Rub
We’ve heard from many outdoor cooking enthusiasts how much they love our Not-So-Basic Barbecue Rub recipe over the years. Its unique flavor profile bucks convention, due to a distinctive list of ingredients. Our Basic Barbecue Rub recipe is just as flavorful, but it enthusiastically embraces classic ingredients. We’re certain you’ll love it too. Starting with minced dried onion and garlic flakes packs in more flavor than their powdered counterparts, and the larger crystals typical of turbinado sugar adds texture. This rub is a versatile tool, excellent for barbecue pork, chicken or beef. Keep extra rub refrigerated in a sealed container.
Yields approximately 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet parika
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Grind the garlic flakes and dried onion in a spice grinder. Combine with the other ingredients.
No reviews have been made, be the first!