Barbecue Finishing Sauce
This sauce is not a marinade, nor is it a condiment. It is well-suited to finishing meats cooked with the Not-So-Basic Barbecue Rub. Baste while cooking over direct heat for not more than a few minutes to avoid burning the sugars.
2 cups +
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons natural brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coleman’s mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
Prepare immediately prior to use. Combine all ingredients in a pot. Stir over medium heat until it simmers and is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat. Baste meat with warm sauce over direct heat for the final few minutes of cooking or when reheating ribs on the grill.
No reviews have been made, be the first!