Winter in Manhattan
It wasn't until two months ago at a kite art exhibit opening that I had my first Manhattan. The wheels began turning shortly thereafter, and the result is this wonderful winter weather treat. Tart cherry juice and Amaretto join the usual Manhattan ingredients for a deep and warming flavor.
- 1 ounce bottled tart cherry juice
- 3 ounces Amaretto liqueur
- 2 ounces Knob Creek whiskey
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon blood orange bitters
- 2 fresh cherries with stems for garnish (optional)
Fill two cocktail glasses with ice water to chill them. Combine all ingredients except the cherries in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Stir to thoroughly chill. Empty the ice water from the chilled cocktail glasses.
Strain the cocktails into the glasses and garnish with a fresh cherry.