Triple S Rub (Smoky Seasoned Salt)
This rub should be a staple in your pantry. It is particularly good on chicken and pork, but I also like it with fish, corn and rubbed on the outside skins of potatoes with some butter before wrapping them in foil and baking them.
- 2 tablespoons alder wood smoked salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
Combine all ingredients. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Note: Add cayenne pepper or jalapeno powder for a Quadruple S Rub (Spicy Smoky Seasoned Salt).