Remoulade is a classic French sauce that found its second home in Louisiana. The Creole version is more colorful and fiery than the original, and is a wonderful accompaniment to seafood. It is also amazing with French fries, grilled asparagus, and just about anything else you can dip into it. And it’s particularly delicious with our Hedgehog-Po-Dog recipe.
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 30 salt-brined capers
- 2/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard (or spicy brown mustard)
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cornichons (small French pickles)
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until nearly smooth. Enjoy!