Premium Cooking Wood Chunks
Premium Cooking Wood ChunksStarting at $129 USD
Large, kiln-dried wood chunks cut to fit the Kalamazoo Smoker Cabinet and Shokunin Kamado Grill. Available in a variety of hard-to-find species. Supplied in partnership with Cutting Edge Firewood.Request Information
Specifications & Resources
These large wood chunks are cut to the perfect size for cooking in the Kalamazoo Smoker Cabinet and Shokunin Kamado Grill. Available in white oak, hickory, cherry, apple, maple, pecan, or a variety pack, for delivery right to your door.
Place one chunk at a time in the ash pan of the Smoker Cabinet for flavorful smoke from your choice of wood species. For the Shokunin, mix one-fifth wood chunks and four-fifths lump charcoal when loading up the grill for smoking, roasting or grilling.
The team at Cutting Edge Firewood in Georgia dries each batch of wood in a 250°F oven for 48 hours, then cuts and hand-selects pieces for Kalamazoo clients.
Choose from the following hard-to-find range of species:
- White Oak: Popular amongst professional chefs, oak wood is one of the most widely used hardwoods available and is known for its incredible heat and subtle smoky flavor. It creates perfect dishes without becoming too bold or overpowering, making it ideal for all types of red meat, pork, poultry, fish or vegetables.
- Cherry: For many competitive barbecue teams across America, cherry cooking wood is a favorite for use with nearly any food. Cherry provides a rosy color and a sweet, fruity flavor in vegetables, chicken, turkey, pork, seafood and more.
- Apple: Cooking with apple wood provides a sweet, apple-smoked flavor to your food and is a crowd favorite when cooking pork, poultry, seafood, and lamb.
- Pecan (currently on backorder): Pecan is the most legendary cooking wood in the South, lending a sweet flavor to your barbecue. A member of the hickory family, pecan burns hotter and longer, and it ignites quickly and easily.
- Maple: The same type of tree that produces maple syrup can add a slightly sweet flavor to your cooking. Maple produces a mild smoke that won't overpower your food.
- Hickory: Hickory wood is used by professional barbecue teams and chefs around the country. It has a neutral flavor, like oak, but with more "punch."
- Variety Pack: includes a mix of apple, cherry, hickory and oak.
Specifications & Resources
- Each single species box is 17" x 16" x 14" and contains approximately 125 chunks
- Each variety pack box is 17" x 17" x 8.5" and contains approximately 100 chunks in four, separate smaller boxes within
- Shipping is included to all of the 48 continental United States