Triple S Rub (Smoky Seasoned Salt)
Servings: About 1/4 cup
Course: Appetizers, Entrees, Sides
This rub should be a staple in your pantry. It is particularly good on chicken and pork, but I also like it with fish, corn and rubbed on the outside skins of potatoes with some butter before wrapping them in foil and baking them.
Combine all ingredients. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Note: Add cayenne pepper or jalapeno powder for a Quadruple S Rub (Spicy Smoky Seasoned Salt).
- 2 tablespoons alder wood smoked salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed