Chocolate Hazelnut Raspberry Pizza
For the uninitiated, chocolate hazelnut creams (like Nutella®) are delicious spreads, but also very sweet. So we tame it for the base of our pizza with a little unsweetened chocolate. Served hot with raspberries, this is a one-of-a-kind dessert.
Prepare the pizza oven or grill for baking pizza.
Form the pizza dough into about a 14″ round and transfer to a pizza prep peel lightly dusted with corn meal.
Bake the crust until it is golden brown and about 2/3 cooked. At 500ºF it should take about 7 minutes. At 750ºF degrees it will take only about 2 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven and spread on the chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with chocolate and then raspberries. Return it to the pizza oven or grill and cook until the toppings are heated through.
Remove the pizza from the oven, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.
- 1/2 batch White Wine Pizza Dough, about 14 ounces
- About 5 ounces chocolate hazelnut spread, heated in the microwave for 45 seconds to soften (I used All Natural
- Cocoa Haze with fair trade cocoa, but Nutella® will also work)
- 1 square (1/2 ounce) Ghiradelli® unsweetened chocolate (100% Cacao), chopped up
- About 20 fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar