Live Fire Experience with Paul Kahan - June 7 & 8
Seasonal Restaurant Cooking Master Class
Kalamazoo Culinary Center, Chicago
Join Chef Paul Kahan — the legendary Chicago chef, restaurateur, and James Beard award-winner — for an elevated weekend of outdoor cooking techniques inspired by some of his most famous restaurant dishes. Kahan will lead this intimate, hands-on class at our Culinary Center in Chicago, teaching techniques, sharing tips, and creating dishes inspired from his restaurants.
On Friday night, enjoy a private welcome dinner with Chef Kahan at Pacific Standard Time, the newest acclaimed restaurant from Underscore Hospitality. On Saturday, Chef Kahan will lead an intimate, immersive cooking class. Hone your grilling and culinary skills alongside Chef Kahan using Kalamazoo's powerful grills, Artisan Fire Pizza Oven, and competition-grade Smoker Cabinet. Master a variety of grilling and smoking techniques, including slow roasting duck on a rotisserie over a wood fire, smoking and searing pork shoulder, and roasting a whole fish. Throughout the class, sample and savor the unique flavors and textures of each dish.
The class will conclude with a family-style midday feast catered by Publican Quality Meats, a Chicago institution.
Friday, June 7
- Check in to your Superior Room at the Thompson Chicago, a luxury boutique hotel with city and lake views.
- Enjoy round-trip ground transportation from the hotel to a private welcome dinner at the private event space at Pacific Standard Time, the first restaurant from Underscore Hospitality. The evening will begin with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails followed by a seated family-style meal.
Saturday, June 8
- Relax on provided transportation from the hotel to Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet’s state-of-the-art indoor Culinary Center, located just steps from Chicago’s famous Restaurant Row.
- Enjoy breakfast and coffee service from Publican Quality Meats before your four-hour, hands-on cooking class with Chef Kahan.
- Work alongside Chef Kahan to prepare of some of his favorite grilled and smoked dishes using Kalamazoo’s full range of powerful outdoor cooking appliances.
- The class will conclude with a family-style midday feast catered by Publican Quality Meats that will feature one of the dishes demonstrated in the class.
- Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8
- Cost: $1950 USD per person / $3600 USD per couple (Please contact us for pricing information without hotel stay.)
To ensure an intimate, hands on experience for participants, space is very limited. Reserve your space today!