Wood-fired grilling is made possible by the unique Hybrid Fire Grilling Drawer system
Beautiful, built-in, wood-burning grills for your outdoor kitchen
Powerful gas burners quickly start wood and charcoal fires for the ultimate grilling experience
The Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill is the Perfect Wood Grill
Grill over the open flame of a real wood fire on any Kalamazoo hybrid grill. Each Hybrid Fire Grill features a large wood drawer above the powerful gas burners. Use the burners to start a wood fire, and then turn them off. Or leave the burners on to supplement the heat.
Grilling with a wood fire on a Kalamazoo grill is perfect for:
- Direct grilling over a wood fire. Perfect for steaks, fish and vegetables. Use as a wood-burning grill with a convenient gas starter.
- Wood-fired roasting. Perfect for chops, whole poultry and pizzas. Build a wood fire to one side, close the hood, and use the grill as a wood-fired oven.
- Smoking and barbecue. Use green wood or soaked limbs, chunks or chips to provide ample smoke for low and slow traditional American barbecue techniques. Perfect for ribs, brisket and pulled pork.
How does the hybrid grill system work?
- The Kalamazoo hybrid grills feature a deep fire box shaped like a large hopper.
- The ample wood fire drawer holds wood limbs and chunks for wood-fired grilling.
- Below the drawer are powerful gas grill burners that you can use to start the wood fire. Each gas grill burner is cast from heavy brass and features a angular shape designed to shed the ash from the wood fires above. The ash falls through the perforated wood grilling drawer, past the burners, down the hopper and into a large and convenient ash bin.
- Kalamazoo hybrid grills are available in four sizes with two, three, four or six main burners located below one or two wood burning drawers.
- Freestanding and built-in grill models are available.
What else can a Kalamazoo hybrid grill do?
- The Hybrid Fire Grill is the best gas grill available today. To use it as a gas grill, simply leave the wood burning drawer empty and fire up the burners. The operating temperature range as a gas grill is from approximately 250ºF to 750°F, so a Kalamazoo grill excels at everything from "low-and-slow" barbecue techniques to searing steaks and fish. It does this without the need for a dedicated searing burner. You can reach searing temperatures over the entire grill grate.
- You can also use the Kalamazoo as a charcoal grill. Simply load the wood burning drawer with charcoal and use the burners below to light the fire. With a charcoal or wood fire, you can reach temperatures lower than 250ºF and can easily exceed 1,000ºF.
- Wood, charcoal and gas can be used in any combination to suit any outdoor cooking need.
K500HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K500HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K500HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill
K750HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K750HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K750HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill
K1000HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K1000HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K1000HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill