Powerful cast brass gas grill burners are at the heart of a Kalamazoo
Freestanding grills are available as well as built-in grills
The Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill is the Best Gas Grill on the Planet
With its powerful, cast brass burners, custom grill grates and advanced fire box design, a Kalamazoo gas grill will out cook any other brand. The critical difference is the vertical height of the gas grill design. The burners on all of the gas barbecues from Kalamazoo are further below the cooking surface than they are in other gas grills. The further the burners are below the grill grate, the more evenly the heat can be delivered for direct grilling techniques. The closer the burners are placed to the grill grate, the more likely it is there will be hot and cold spots in a gas grill. You might, quite naturally, worry that with the burners pushed so far below the surface might result in the grill not getting hot enough. This is not a problem with the powerful gas grills from Kalamazoo. Our burners are powerful enough to reach searing temperatures over the entire cooking surface.
What makes a Kalamazoo gas grill so great?
- The deep fire box design creates superior heat dynamics for the full range of outdoor cooking techniques.
- The operating temperature range using the gas burners is from approximately 250ºF for "low and slow" barbecue to 750ºF for searing.
- The fire box is shaped like a hopper and leads to a deep and generous cleanout bin that makes a Kalamazoo easier to clean than any other gas grill. It also reduces flare-ups and the likelihood of grease fires.
- Advanced grilling techniques are made possible by the awesome power and superior heat dynamics — like roasting a whole chicken is just 35 minutes. The key is the Kalamazoo grill's ability to roast at high temperatures. Kalamazoo gas grills can maintain 500ºF or greater temperatures in an indirect grilling zone. To put it simply, a K1000H model grill has four main burners. With two burners on high and two burners turned off, the temperature in the indirect zone (the side turned off) will exceed 500ºF. This is something most gas grills quite simply cannot do.
How does the grill work?
- To use a Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill just as a gas grill, simply leave the grilling drawer empty. The special patterns and angled surfaces of the grilling drawer are designed to diffuse the heat from the gas grill burners below. With the grilling drawer empty, you can use a Kalamazoo as you would other high-performance gas grills. It simply is able to reach higher temperatures and delivers more even heat.
- To take greater advantage of the capabilities of a Kalamazoo, add charcoal or wood to the grilling drawer. The burners below will start the fire for you. A Kalamazoo offers all the convenience of a gas grill and the flavor and cooking experiences you can only get with a wood or charcoal fire.
K500HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K500HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K500HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill
K750HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K750HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K750HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill
K1000HB Hybrid Fire Built-in Grill
K1000HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill with Side Burner
K1000HT Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill